How can air purifiers be used to help reduce allergies and mould?

People may suspect mould is responsible for their health problems. Other people may not be aware of the dangers. What is true about mould? It is it something we should accept as a fact of life or do we see mould as a serious problem? It is not a good thing. Is there something we can do about it, if it’s a bad problem? Visit our website and learn more about air purifier vs dehumidifier.

Most of the visitors who visit our website ask us about the problem of mould at home. Some people have a good understanding of seasonal allergy issues, such as pollens. However, they are unsure if mildew or mould may be contributing towards their allergies and asthma. Here’s an overview of some mould problems and their possible solutions.

There are many people who don’t believe air purifiers reduce mould. Health problems can arise from mould. The correct air purifier, particularly when combined with a dehumidifier, will certainly help.

You can find mould in spore sizes ranging from 1 to 100 microns. HEPA filters will kill mould because they are dry and sterile. Since mould needs moisture to thrive, using a dehumidifier is the best way to eliminate the problem. HEPA filters can remove mould spores from the air. For mould that is embedded into walls and floors, or in smelly basements where it’s impossible to remove, filters with odour removal, like Blueair Smokestop, are best.

It is natural for mould to play a role in decaying leaves and trees. Outside, mould is a good thing! In your home, or in the workplace, moulds are a bad thing. Mould spores can spread through the air and become problematic when they settle on surfaces that are damp. After that, they reproduce through the release of invisible tiny spores. Their numbers quickly rise to levels which can be harmful to people.

In contrast, mould is too small to easily be exhaled and can get lodged into your lungs. By contrast, the cilia are usually able to catch dust or larger particles like that before they can enter the lungs. (Some moulds – called mycotoxins – are extremely toxic). As a result, moulds inhaled by many people can lead to allergic reactions. These include runny/sneezing eyes, skin rashes and redness. The symptoms are often immediate, but can also be delayed. Allergy to mold inhalation is also possible for people with asthma. As often as not, it’s infants, kids, and seniors who are more susceptible to mould-inhalation.